From Jane
I flew to New Orleans yesterday. My car started just fine, although it needs a car wash badly, and I drove to my apartment. Many stop lights are still not working; there are limbs and trash moved to the side of the streets, and there are many blue tarp-covered roofs. My apartment is fine! Thankfully, my landlord had someone clean out the fridge and freezer. The power is on; water (although not drinkable) and sewer are working, and I even have cable TV! I packed up some belongings this morning and drove to Mandeville to get some of my lab stuff from Marla. Thanks to everyone who endured the stinky heat to get my stuff out of the lab! I enjoyed BBQ with Yusuke and Mesami in Memphis, and am now staying the night at my aunt's house in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. I will be back in Kansas City tomorrow.
Marla told me the building may be able to be occupied by the end of the month. Also, NEXT TUESDAY there will be another opportunity (for Sergiy and Yusuke and anyone else who may need it) to get access to your computers and stuff left in the building. I suppose you should contact Marla and make arrangements to get your stuff if you need it.
Best wishes all,
Jane

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home