Wednesday, September 14, 2005

From Sergiy

I have visited our Tulane Med School in New Orleans yesterday and want to share with everyone my fresh impressions. Good news: now there is no water around this building! I could not see even traces of water but only plenty of trash and garbage around. Building itself looks pretty good but what is inside I do not know. It makes me think that our lab recovery takes much shorter period of time than we expect. Access to Orleans Parish including Tulane is closed but Causeway, US61, even I-10 (partially) and whole Jefferson Parish are open for driving. New Orleans uptown looks very bad: 60% damages due to Katrina and high water and 40% = due to criminal activity of bad guys. My specific area of living (Kenner) looks OK, even Sam's club was open!

My plans:
1) try to get INSIDE Tulane building and pick up my PC and some reagents (I already bought the milk powder but I still need some acrylamide and nitrocellulose to start making Westerns at the kitchen!:-))
2) try to move into the Kenner soon (when bad smell from my fridge will finally rid out!).

Best wishes and good luck to everyone!!!
Sergiy

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Yusuke in N.O. said...

Hmmmm....How did you get into the downtown, while the area is closed???? Anyway, your new information brings me brightness, and obviously makes me hopeful to rebuild our lab, our future research very soon. Thanks!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home